Founded in 2007, BambooMoves is a growing community that consists of yoga studios in Forest Hills, NY, Englewood NJ, Palisades Park NJ, and Baltimore, MD. BambooMoves hosts regular 200 & 500 hour Yoga-Alliance certified Teacher Trainings, workshops, and retreats.
BambooMoves Yoga is a welcoming community for people of all backgrounds to train their body, mind, and spirit in a nurturing yet challenging practice. Through our teaching students will become flexible and strong in body and mind and better equipped to deal with the various challenges of our stress filled modern lives; essentially embodying the qualities of bamboo itself.
Abiding by yogic ethical principles (yamas & niyamas), we conduct our business, teachings, and classes based on the principles espoused in Patañjali’s Yoga Sutras. Honoring the ancient teachings of yoga, BambooMoves inspires the body, transcends the mind, and uplifts the spirit. We believe that everyone can experience more peace and happiness – one smile, one breath, one move at a time.
Our classes are for students of all levels from first time yogis to life long practitioners. Each studio serves as a community center and sanctuary offering nutritional programs, workshops, selfless service, and healing.
a flow for every yogi
JUST GETTING STARTED?
Basics for BambooMoves Classes
- Please do not wear shoes into the studio and arrive early for classes
- If you’re late please wait until meditation has concluded before entering the classroom. Arrive no later than 5 minutes after class has begun.
- Try to keep your voice low in the reception area as there may be private sessions or classes in progress.
- Classes are at least 75- 90 minutes, unless otherwise noted on the schedule. Please make arrangements to attend the entire class and avoid leaving early if possible.
- New students are welcome in all classes.
- Try to avoid drinking water during the yoga classes. Drinking in the middle of class can be a distraction from your practice and changes the direction of the Prana (life-force) that you’re moving upward. Drinking water during class can also cause nausea.
Our studio is committed to a space that is free of discrimination and judgement, and encourages support and respect.
Always remember the ten yogic rules of conduct:
Do not harm; do not steal; do not lie; be modest; do not be greedy; be clean in thoughts, words, and deeds; be content; work hard and be disciplined; study the higher Self; and dedicate your efforts to the Divine.
take your practice to the next level
200-hour Teacher Training Program
More information coming soon!
Would you like to deepen your practice? Or maybe interested in launching a career as a yoga teacher? Well, this is your chance to embark in a transformational journey that will change your life forever!